"This Is Ponderous, Man...Really Ponderous"

So another whirlwind visit to the DR is behind me.  I really need to work on 'being present' in my life here in the Midwest...I'm always thinking of my next trip to our casa...  Thomas took his eldest son with him to Cabrera early in August and they were there for about 5 days working on getting us a reliable source of water.  Then they met me and a couple of friends of ours in Puerto Plata for a weekend stay at Lifestyles Holiday Vacation Club in their Presidential Suites. The per night room rate is very cheap, but you will pay the resort $85 per person, per night all-inclusive fee. See my TripAdvisor review here.  Presidential Suites at Lifestyle Holiday Vacation Club


View from one of the huge beach beds on Serenity Beach,
Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic

We stayed only 2 nights and then went for 3 nights at our house and then returned to the resort for a stay in a 3 bedroom villa.  My husband and I were really interested in the villas.  We even considered joining the club if it meant friends and family could use Lifestyles in conjunction with our house to have a bit of both worlds. Luxury all-inclusive, no worries and quiet, private relaxation by our own pool...and with a better view, pool is cleaner...and our beaches beat theirs hands down! But, we got the worst villa...didn't look like any of the videos we watched about the different villas...for a reason.  You can't choose which villa and I think because we were only there for 2 nights we got Villa Azul. Here's my less than optimal TripAdvisor review. The blue 3 Bedroom Crown Villa at Lifestyle Holiday Vacation Club

Sadly, I only got to stay 3 nights at our house in Cabrera.  I seem always to have difficulties getting a whole week there.  Our friends and neighbors building on the hill next to us must think it's ridiculous to fly all the way down for 5 days...or less!

I kind of agree...


The path down to playa preciosa

playa preciosa...we've never shared it with anyone yet!

Thomas' favorite spot

Thomas' favorite spot's view

So, now to the 'ponderous' part...if we live in a beautiful tropical setting, will we still seek out other beautiful tropical vacations around the world?  We've always wanted to go to Tahiti/Bora Bora, Maldives, Hawaii on vacation...another reason we're looking at vacation clubs.  Or will we long for quaint medieval villages and ancient ruins in the North?  There are a lot of places I have never visited and I definitely want to travel.

In all honestly, I can't wait to have that sort of decision making dilemma!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Episode of HGTV's Caribbean Life!

Buying appliances and what kind of stores to expect in Dominican Republic.

Shopping in the Dominican Republic and Money Transfers