Much Ado About Nothing!

Phew!  After weeks and weeks of e-mailing with our DR lawyer and haggling with getting our down payment funds liquid. our signing happens today! Yay!  I'm starting with this fact because as I give you the "Play by Play" I want you to know it all works out in the end.  Sorry, for those Schadenfreudians out there!

So here's what the house actually looks like.  But, if you remember from previous (photoshopped) pictures there is now a small 200 square foot addition.

casa de los sueños!
This home was originally built as the first in a 10 house vacation home development in the hills overlooking Cabrera. The other homes were never built. The lots are small and originally had wooden fences running on top of the short coral rock walls you see here. For reasons unknown...but probably due to the Great Recession...the other homes were not built and the lots have since been sold in pairs. One family bought the two lots adjacent to our three and have since begun building a large three-story house.  My husband was just down in the Dominican Republic to inspect the house.  We had been waiting on pins and needles for a couple months, hoping all the little delays and lawyer clarifications wouldn't endanger our little dream house in the hills.  As it would happen, the week that my husband flew down was also
 our two adjacent lots from the bedroom...and yucky pool

The week leading up to Halloween and two nights of Parent-Teacher Conferences for me at my job.  So excited that the closing planned for October 29th was going to happen, I drove Thomas to the airport Tuesday after work (and had to arrange yet a third night of hanging out at a friends for my eight year old daughter! Conferences were 4-7 pm on that Wednesday and Thursday...)  So off he flew, leaving a jealous wife to dream of our little Caribbean home from afar.  The weather was gray and cold, typical Autumn day...the kind that reminds you Winter's around the corner.

Wednesday morning, I leave the house at 6:45 AM ...er, rather 7:00 AM because while getting into my new car I pour a whole cup of coffee all over myself and the driver's side of the car! YAY!  After a quick change of clothes (remember I have conferences after school for three hours...so none of my fashion-shirking allowed!...) I'm finally heading into work and BAM! I hit an SUV stopped at an intersection...my first ever fender bender in a car that's two weeks old!  OUCH!  But, you know what? It's OK...because were getting a Caribbean Vacation House!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Episode of HGTV's Caribbean Life!

Buying appliances and what kind of stores to expect in Dominican Republic.

Shopping in the Dominican Republic and Money Transfers