WOO HOO! ...Now what?!

We have an accepted offer, people!  YES!...okay...it ain't over 'til it's over, Rene....





So, we've hashed out the details of our Caribbean property purchase. And in the process of figuring out the steps I've learned a great deal...which we know is a scary supposition...I KNOW there's plenty more I don't know, and what you don't know is always what gets ya!

Now we are waiting on our funds to come in.  We decided to refinance a rental property that was nearly paid off.  It means that property will not be providing a 100% free and clear income, but it worked out to about $150 more per month in payment which equals about $400 in income instead of $550.  But, that property is very stable to rent, and it means no out of pocket expenses to put the down payment on the DR property.  Then we'll make monthly payments until another one of our properties sell next summer, and we are confident it will sell quickly.  But, there are a lot of if's and when's involved, so I continue to silently pray and hold out hope that this will go off without a hitch!

That's right!  I said it! (well, wrote it anyway) As a strong believer in Murphy's Law, I know I'm tempting fate.  But, part of this blog is to chronicle all aspects of our steps towards expatriation and a new life in a new tropical setting!

Something about that place allowed my mind to expand and think about things I haven't had the time to in the past twelve years.  I thought about painting and SCUBA and giving writing a stab. I haven't had time to entertain such thoughts in years! Since becoming a mother, and recently due to excess work load, I have moments when I feel so overwhelmed with scheduling and driving here and there, that I contemplate checking myself into a pyschward.  I had never felt that way until the last eight years or so.  I know I'm not alone.  We are rats in a maze, and we keep running.  I'm 44.  My father died at 63.  I don't know what the future holds and I'm jealous of those people who can just cash it all in and start a new life.  But, my kids come first.  Their father will probably never allow me to move them to the Caribbean. So for now we will get a toe hold in a place we can see ourselves retiring to in a decade, using it as a vacation getaway as often as time allows.  OK enough whining!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Episode of HGTV's Caribbean Life!

Buying appliances and what kind of stores to expect in Dominican Republic.

Shopping in the Dominican Republic and Money Transfers