The Devil is in the Details

Okay, the whole reason I'm writing my first blog is because by nature I am an extremely impatient person. I get so antsy when waiting for anything I freak out! I started typing as a means to vent. And my normal outlet for these kinds of anticipation periods is my mother. However, I can't talk to her about this because we aren't telling anyone of our plans to buy a vacation home in the DR! They will mean well but out of ignorance actively try to dissuade us! Better, to present them with a done deal where they can come and enjoy the North Coast of the Dominican Republic AFTER THE FACT!

After returning from our trip, Thomas and I
original planned community
realized we were desperate to return or at least have a return trip on the books. We learned from Barry that the unfinished house which I admit was my primary hope after having seen the couple properties available was out of our price range. We would have to stretch uncomfortably to purchase it and we wouldn't have the bulk of the funds until next summer and THEN we would have a 80% built home and no money to finish it.  We want something we can use NOW with little more than some appliances and furniture and preferably with a pool. So after learning from Sebastian that the seller might go for financing over one year. We made an offer to buy the house and the two adjacent lots southeast of the lot with the house (to build our dream house later ...influenced by the unfinished house we saw), and the sellers countered stipulating a larger down payment and we accepted. The only caveat for us was some language in the default clause that would ensure that should the unthinkable happen and we can't sell our rental house for what the market value is, then we would pay off the house and release the two lots.  But, now we are waiting to see if that clause is acceptable.

Ahhh..waiting... my favorite. If they won't
agree to the additional language then so be it. We had to try.  I just hope it didn't somehow mis-communicate our situation and/or abbility to pay as we proposed. There are a lot of spoken languages in this deal (Thomas and I speak German and English, the sellers speak French and English, Sebastian speaks Spanish and English...maybe French too...I had a hard time placing his accent) and it will ultimately go on file in Spanish.  If just the addition of that clause complicated the offer and we don't get it...ugh!

So now at any moment I could hear from Sebastian...and I feel like a teenage girl sitting by her phone waiting for a boy to call!  ACK!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Episode of HGTV's Caribbean Life!

Buying appliances and what kind of stores to expect in Dominican Republic.

Shopping in the Dominican Republic and Money Transfers